See the top 2 heat pumps in our heat pump review.
In order to talk about heat pump and heat pump review, we need to get a little technical. Sorry! Not too much though. When you look for a heat pump, brands do matter. My recommendations come with over 40 years’ experience. I also highly recommend hiring a professional installer!
There are five things to look for in a heat pump.
- SEER and HSPF. There are efficiency ratings. Standard ratings are 13 for SEER and 7.7 for HSPF.
- You know by now that quality costs. You can get a cheap unit but you will pay more in the long run.
- Types of Refrigerants. They keep changing refrigerants. You are looking for a model that uses R-410A – not R-22.
- This is sort of hard to test without installing it but your new unit should be whisper quiet. Otherwise I would be concerned about the construction quality and how long it will last.
- Since the initial investment is not insubstantial make sure you have a minimum 3 year warranty!
Trane heat pumps do last. Trane takes the time and care to engineer their units and build them to last a long time. The company offers choices as well. You can choose your efficiency level with a SEER rating from 10 to an amazing 17.65 and many of them have the Energy Star rating as well.
Trane is known for variable speed compressors which make the units more efficient and quiet.
Goodman also has a very high standard of build for their units and are known as more affordable heat pumps that their competitors. Goodman offers lifetime warranty on all compressors and are super quiet due to mufflers and sound blankets. They also have very high SEER and HSPF ratings.
In the next post we will cover three more brands in our heat pump review! If you need help with you’re a/c, refrigeration, heat pump or swamp cooler just pick up the phone and call!